Friday, December 22, 2017

Be a Blessing - Be Thankful!

Let the peace of God rule in your hearts, . . . and be thankful. —Colossians 3:15

The apostle Paul had never been to the church in Colosse, but he had heard all about it from Epaphras. He knew it was a church under attack by false teachers, so he prayed fervently for this congregation (1:9-14; 2:4-7).
Among his requests, Paul asked that they would give joyful thanks to the Father because He had rescued them, moving them from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of His dear Son (1:12-13). We too need to be thankful for what Christ has done for us.
Thankfulness seems to be a lost art today.Let’s take time often to recall how God has rescued us from eternal death and has given us eternal life through His Son. Let’s make certain that we never allow thanking the Father to become a lost art.


Lord, teach me the liberating joy of being thankful! Help me to find the blessings that are locked up in the things I complain about and to regularly express my gratitude to You and others. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
Today I urge you, my dear beloved friends, to make the choice to have an attitude of thankfulness. Have an attitude of gratitude! Today, Be a Blessing- Be Thankful! HUGS!!!!!!😊❤

No comments:

Post a Comment