Thursday, December 28, 2017

Be a Blessing- Forgive, Forget, Move Past!

Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. Luke 23:34

Forgiveness lies at the heart of the Christian faith, with our Savior extending forgiveness even when He was dying on the cross. Jesus loved those who had nailed Him there, uttering a prayer asking His Father to forgive them. He didn’t hang on to bitterness or anger, but showed grace and love to those who had wronged Him.
This is a fitting time to consider before the Lord any people we might need to forgive as we follow Jesus’s example in extending His love to those who hurt us. When we ask God through His Spirit to help us forgive, He will come to our aid—even if we take what we think is a long time to forgive. When we do, we are freed from the prison of unforgiveness.
 When God says He ‘will never again remember their sins’ or that ‘He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west’ (Psalm 103:12), He means He no longer holds our sins against us. He remembers what we have done, and His forgiveness is the richer for it.


Lord Jesus Christ, through Your grace and power as You dwell in me, help me to forgive, that Your love will set me free. Amen.

Today my beloved friends I encourage you to remember that “Forgiveness requires that we remember and release. We can’t forgive what we forget.” I know it is really hard to do. I have been in your shoes, trust me! I have just chosen to forgive and forget and move on past. The more I harbored on what they have done to hurt me the more bitter I became. For myself, I had to choose to forgive and forget and move past or the bitterness would consume me. Today dears, as hard as it is, I encourage you too to Be a Blessing and Forgive those that have wronged you and Forget and Move Past it. HUGS!!!!!!👱💜


No comments:

Post a Comment